Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Six Months Old---We can't Believe It!


Stop time, STOP! We are amazed and excited that Enoch passed this half way mark (6 months old) and is now eating solids and rolling onto his side! (He has not yet decided to roll over on his tummy.) On Sunday, we gave him Cherrios... and he ate them! Cool, huh?! We were worried about possible choking, and were ready to perform the emergency steps if needed...but he was fantastic. His face grows concerned every time a new thing is placed in his mouth--but he must like it since he often comes back for more.
FYI: His growth stats from 6 month wellness checkup
Weight: 21.5 lbs (95%)
Height: 27 inches (75%)
Head circumference: 17 inches (95%)
For Christmas we made a day trip and saw my family on Christmas morning--enjoying a tasty Prime Rib Lunch. I saw my siblings--which was especially wonderful--since I never get to see them anymore.
I was terrified that Enoch would be spoiled when Shaun's dad pulled out Enoch's stocking--after we arrived for afternoon present opening in Kirkland. The Weldon grandparents decided to start a tradition of giving their grandkids these (see picture below) 5 foot stockings. But, there wasn't as much as I had thought. The larger wrapped presents were inside too--so, it was fine! Thank you everyone for such nice things! We had a great time.
I took the rest of the year off from work and got to be a stay at home mom for 11 consecutive days with Enoch. I REALLY loved it! Enoch was sick for much of it--throwing up and teething--but we still had fun playing and laughing together. I even sewed him a quilt (see in earlier pictures above). (My first sewing project...and quilt.) I look forward to when I can stay home full time someday.

Shaun's applying for Western--and hopefully will be there in the Spring. If all goes perfectly---and he gets into his major--he could graduate as early as August 2011...but more realistically...December 2011. Life is too fast. We're trying to enjoy the present. Anyway, we wish you all a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

He's beautiful! You're beautiful! I'm totally adding your blog to my reader. Love you!!

Irene said...

Your baby is so cute!!!!!

Wren/Karen said...

I need to get up to b'ham and visit you soon before your little man gets much bigger. He has the greatest facial expressions. Love you!