Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Enoch's Jake and the Neverland Pirates Cake

Last year, I made Enoch a Jake and the Neverland Pirates Cake(s) for his 4th birthday. The larger boat is a ship named "Buckey" from the show. The smaller cake was a gluten free cake representing the "Jolly Rodger", which is Captian Hook's ship. I used tissue to represent water...and it came out delicious and really cool to look at. My 4 year old was thrilled! I made 2 cakes and then cut out pieces, shaping them with a seraded knife until I got the right look. 



"Buckey"
Back of "Buckey"
Side of "Buckey"
The "Jolly Rodger"
The "Jolly Rodger" from the back
The cake and frosting was made with the Hershey's Recipe. It had an amazing light & fluffy vanilla filling frosting too. (It wasn't overly sweet and was a great contrast to the deep chocolate cake and frosting. The gluten free cake was made from a mix, but the same frosting was used.

This year...I need to do a cake, but am not sure what direction to go. Enoch's said he'd like a train cake (I've done that before), Jake cake (done), and a few other ideas. Currenlty, I'm thinking of a map with mountains that represent different places in the house to go find presents. Hummm...???? Wish me luck!

No comments: