Friday, January 9, 2015

The Gift of Salad: My Salad Recipe Collection

I was day dreaming about salads today and I realized I had a huge list of ones I love. 

Two nights ago I went to the Moscow CoOp just so I could have deli case salads for dinner. I got 4 kinds of salads because I couldn't pick just one or even two (and had leftovers for the next day)! I got a new one called Chickpea Turkish Apricot Salad and it was SOOO good. It seemed like a weird combination, but it worked so well. It has kalamata olives, dried apricots, a red wine vinaigrette...and I think they added basil instead of parsley that night. It was so delicious. I went internet searching for recipes and found a few! I haven't made them yet, but I'm super excited. The CoOp has a PDF cookbook online, which had a few of my favorite salads (and cookies) already put together in an orderly authentic recipe, such as Kale Slaw. 

There is ONE salad (I think I basically found online) that I ADORE at the CoOp and it's going to be my next big recipe to try-- CURRY TOFU SALAD. I love curry and I love the texture of the pan cooked tofu wrapped in this veganeese-ish curry sauce. FYI: I don't love to eat mayo based salads...so, most of these are mayo-free or low mayo. But--I believe there is a place for mayo in life. I'm not insane.

So, without further wait... here's my list of salads!!!!


SALADS







Curried Tuna Salad
(I like to add some curry powder
...this links to a video about how to make it.)











(This recipe adds pasta-- 
I skip that when I just want the tomatoes. 
They're great on a burger too!)








Or try THIS recipe (minus some salt)


Chicken Pesto Sandwich - Lightened up with Greek yogurt, this hearty sandwich is one of the quickest, most tastiest meals you'll ever have!




(It looks like this-- without as much carrot...
and recipe--seems to use celery rather than onion)



Do you have any AMAZING salad recipes? Let me know. :) Until then, enjoy these!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yum! These all sound so good! I'll have to try some.

Kersten said...

Love this blog! I'm going to start following you!