Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Yeah, I've Lost Some Weight...Thanks for Noticing! No Really, Thanks!

April 2014- Easter Sunday
I've never really talked online about my weight. I guess I don't want to jinx any success nor feel bad if I fail. BUT...I thought I'd talk about it since I've getting asked more and more if I've lost weight. (That feels nice.)

So, last summer-ish time (2013) I attempted to loose some weight...after having my second child. I had started noticing my ankles getting larger--and my hand was going numb when I slept on my side (and other reasons) really made me want to take control over my body's physical future as much as possible. I was 210 pounds to start. I lost 20 pounds pretty quickly by just
September 2014
jumping on my elliptical for 30 minutes a day and eating a little better. 


BUT by fall, after packing and moving to another home--I got out of my routine...and at the same time had stopped nursing my baby. Within a month or 2, I gained back 10 pounds. I was feeling dissapointed and realized I still didn't know what I was doing. 

By January 2014, I was working out regualarly again and eating healthy...but wasn't loosing weight. My nursing had given me magical weight loss abilities that I couldn't seem to compensate for. I was left feeling frustrated and out of control. My body seemed to have a mind of it's own...if IT wanted to gain weight, IT was going to and I was a compelled to follow along. I was 200 pounds and feeling helpless when it came to weight loss. There was NO WAY I was going to pay money to loose weight-- especially if I didn't know what I was doing. (Not interested in commercial plans--or supplements, etc.) 

Luckily, I managed to loose 5 pounds but remained at 195 for 4 months without budging. On the first Sunday in June 2014, I was preparing for my monthly religious fast for 2 meals and as I was praying to open my fast with my Heavenly Father, I was mentioning my struggle with my weight loss. I felt prompted to include this purpose in my fast that day-- asking for clarity on what I could do personally to make myself healthier. My prayer was answered quickly as a thought came into my mind--something I had never considered before about how I was calculating my calories. I had received personal revelation from the Holy Ghost from my Heavenly Father on what to do...and I felt like I wasn't doing it alone anymore. I don't know why I hadn't thought to pray about it before...but was really glad when I did. 

Other ideas came to my mind as I sought out the right goals and weight loss tactics in eating that I then meshed together to make MY plan with. So far, I've lost 35 pounds since I started this at the beginning of the summer. I weigh 162 pounds today and I'm not done yet. 

Here's some progress pictures I started taking July 1st, 2014 at 189.9 pounds-- Saturday, September 21st at 162.5 pounds.
I wasn't aware  of how much booty I had. (PS...I'm totally sucking in my stomach in all this pictures.)
It's not very apparant from the FRONT VIEW I think...that I've lost any weight. Oh well...I've lost 7 inches around my waist.
I get it all the time, so, here's a few things I do to loose weight:

   1) I eat only 1,200 calories a day. I don't get more if I work out.

   2)  Eating losts of protien for breakfast (which usually translated to cottage cheese for me)...and eating yogurt (which is supposed to get rid of belly fat). I try to eat it within 30 minutes of waking up...if I can.


   3) I then jump on my elliptical and work out--not very hard-- for 2 hours 6 days a week (Mon- Sat.-- Sunday being my day of rest.) The lenght of work out was a big change for me, but neccessary I thought to make up for any calories I missed and still loose weight....and keep me motivated to still eat 1200 calories and work out for a long time.


   4) After I work out, I stretch on the floor and then do crunches, push ups, and 60 seconds of planking. (I haven't wanted to increase it yet... its just so hard.)


   5) I don't eat after 8 pm.


   6) I eat carbs...but try to limit them...and tend not to eat them at dinner time if I can avoid it. (Saved for earlier in the day when I can burn off the sugar etc.)


   7) I still eat cake and chocolate...but account for it...and eat lower calorie foods that day. I try NOT to eat it every day too.


   8) I cook stuff at home as much as I can....because at a resturant they have WAY more calories...and I look at the calories on the resturant website when I consider it...and it helps me to make the best choice for the moment in my day.


   9) I don't eat recreationally...and if I do, I am aware of it and calcutate it into my daily/weekly calories so I can come out on top. 

That's it I think. I'm not a pro or nutritionist...but I just wanted to share with you the progress I've made to date. I'm still going...trying to get to my healthiest weight. I'm not reccommending you do what I'm doing...as I'm not a doctor. 

Believe it or not, I've enjoyed the time I've had to work on myself through excercising and eating well. I am blessed to have a body that can excercise and I don't have dietary restrictions (like gluten, sugar, sodium, etc) to worry about. So, anyway--- this is all I wanted to share.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindsey, you look AWESOME!!! I know of the struggles to keep weight off, I've been battling it my whole life, and commend you on your determination, your willpower and your healthy habits!!! You've given me new inspiration to get at it again!! And yes, I HAVE noticed through several of your pictures you've been posting, that you do look fantastic!! Congrats!!!!

Lindsay said...

You're so wonderful! Thanks for leaving a thoughtful and kind comment. Well, good luck on your new healthy habit goals! I'm sure you'll succeed!

Wren/Karen said...

Yay! I always think you look beautiful but I'm so proud of all your hard work! I'm glad you are in control. I'm going to forward this to a friend of mine who is wondering what she should do--I think you'll be a big inspiration. Love you.