Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Most Appaling Cake Yet (CAUTION: Do not read further if easily nauseated)

I just wanted to share with you what Sarah S. made for Activities Day treat tonight. It was Cat-Litter Cake. It looked appalling--and I tried a bite just to say I did. It's made of spice cake, vanilla cake, vanilla wafer cookies (crushed up and dyed blue with food coloring to look like crystals), vanilla pudding, and semi melted tootsie rolls. I was amazed Sarah had been served this as a child. Poor Sarah...just passing on the curiosity! Really, it was pretty creative...but really gross. The picture I have on the blog is not the ACTUAL cake--she didn't serve hers in a litter tray.

5 comments:

The Bergant Family said...

Ok. Don't tell your ward member this, but this is absolutely disgusting!!!! I'm proud of you for trying it. I probably couldn't and would had to use the pregnancy excuse!!

Melissa said...

it was not as gross as i thought, until i saw the semi-melted tootsie rolls... yeah.. grosss..

Vashti said...

Hey! It was so fun getting to know you better at the dinner tonight. After hearing you talk about blogs, I did a little investigating and found yours! That kitty little cake is a little gross~good for you in being adventurous to eat it!

It's too bad Shaun had to work, it would have been fun to meet him too! Hope you have a great weekend ;)

Alicia said...

You weren't kidding. I shouldn't have kept reading. Wow. Gross and amazing at the same time. Looks like the real thing. Yikes!! This would be great for April Fool's Day and also Halloween-it's that scary!

Wren/Karen said...

How could this cake have been in the childhood of anyone who grew into a normal adult? This has got to be a psychological anomaly.