Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The News Has Arrived

Shaun got the call today from his boss Chris--Joes WILL be liquidated. That means this week is his last hunter's safety class and then he'll be helping the Mt. Vernon store be sold off piece by piece--it's not sure how long they'll use him, but we've had plenty of time to prepare ourselves mentally and spiritually. We're confident that everything will work out for the best. We are so blessed that I have a job that can support our little family--just without the frills or savings. We have no hope of getting medical insurance now--so, maybe with Shaun out of work in the future, we will qualify for DSHS insurance to cover the baby's birth. I'm not sure how that works but we may soon find out!

I think that Shaun and I have been so blessed up to this point, that we can't imagine the blessings stopping because of some temporal thing. We continue to thank our Heavenly Father for the miracles and joy we feel sweeping through our daily lives. For me, when these kinds of twists to the plot come, I wonder what Heavenly Father has in store next...and tend to optimistically look forward to the new changes and opportunities to grow closer to Him. It always keeps my blood pressure low and me especially humble. Faith--not fear. Hope--not doubt. We've been guided by the Lord to this point--we know we're suppose to be here--and pregnant. We will of course be actively putting our faith into action--we won't take this sitting down--so, yes, if you have any job connections, please let us know. Thank you everyone for your support. We know many are going through similar--if not worse--situations currently due the economy. Please let us know if we can help you!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I absolutely love your outlook on things. It's a shame that more people aren't like that. I'll let you guys know if I hear of any jobs.

kaitlyn said...

i am sorry about joe's. that is a big time bummer. i am with vicky and you have a fantastic outlook on things. i could take a lesson or two from you. hopefully you qualify for the DSHS insurance, that would probably help a lot. we will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers!!!