Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ode to Daddio


This is my dad, James, and his wife, Yuko, on Father's Day. You can't tell in the picture, but he's holding a fishing rod...a new one!

I love my dad very much. He is made up of opposites---for example, he is funny and serious, he is quiet and talkative, he is tall and short, he is suspicious and he is trusting. I appreciate the influence for good and for bad that he's had on me. He helps me to realize the good and the bad in myself...yet continues to love me (the part he's least opposite about is loving me).

I am happy when he relazes and enjoys what life has already given him and participates in the new things life is offering. He's brave in that way.

1 comment:

The Bergant Family said...

Lindsay! This is Jessinna! It is so fun to see your blog. Love the wedding photos. You look so beautiful. I haven't seen you in years so it is wonderful to see you and to see pictures of your husband. Please post more. Hope you don't mind me checking back!